Skip to main content

My thoughts: Michael Jackon Memorial

Had every intention of posting this yesterday, kind of waste to post it today but bun it, "man does what I want innit"

My initial thoughts were the whole ceremony would have been farcical, but I was actually pleasantly surprised with it. Mariah Carey? Well boy, less said the better. Try come on Twitter with some excuse

Trying to sing today was basically impossible for me. I could barely keep myself from crying. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to pull it together and really do it right,but I was literally choked up when I saw him there in front of me.
via http://twitter.com/MariahCarey

You know what, I would have believed her about being choked up if I hadn't seen her treating her songs like the local Halal butchers. Have to ask, were you choked up on X Factor last year as well? Yeah? Ge-dout-ov-here!!! All my bredder Trey Lorenz (what happened to that breh?) didn't really cut it but we'll bly him. The occasion must have got to him. Local clubs and pub karaoke's aren't quite Staples Center crowds let alone Michael Jackson's funeral.

Simon Cowell got his "Brooowwwn Paayyyper Baaaaaaahhhhg" money on to get my yout' from Britain's Got Talent. Did well still. Mic was shegged but what an honour. In a kinda twisted way I would have loved to have done that as a youtman.

I'm sure most have seen the above vids already. If you haven't I'm gonna take a wild guess you don't want to. Either way, best of the rest:

Usher's performance was moving. Brave dude for touching the casket. Didn't blame him for bawlin though. That would have been me.

Jermaine's a brave dude getting up there and singing. Did well also.



John Mayer playing a big tune in Human Nature



Stevie Wonder's was fitting too



But in all honesty, it was the speeches that stood out for me still. Brooke Shields held it together quite well even though she was on the brink of full blown bawlin



Didn't know who this lady was before, still don't know who she is properly yet, but I will Google her in due course. Showered down the place



Rev Al Sharpy was on some dunnin dances vibe from early (the day MJ died), then repped again at the funeral



Killer was Paris



Although media saying she shouldn't have touched mic, it appears as though she put herself forward for it.

On the flip, I heard there was one fossil taking the proceedings for Graham Norton on EuroVision Song Contest. Paul Mallignaggi or something like that. No wait, Mallinaggi was the surname of the dude Hatton beat up. Paul Gambiccini is the dude's name. Glad I never watched that. Hold tight the man on Sky News saying Michael Jackson's music sounds dated wasn't groundbreaking like Elvis and The Beatles. Elvis and The Beatles? Their earlier songs were R&B/Rock and Roll which was already being made by artists who weren't getting mainstream love.

I tell you no lies, I love this guy Bill O'Reilly. He infuriates me with his ignorance, traps he lays, constant interruptions to save him losing face... but at the end of the day I watch and it evokes emotions like no TV progamme does in UK. Talk Radio is a different story though







I would sekkle him simple though. I always debate with him in my head, sometimes stretches to muttering but I doubt he can lip read through the monitor.

Hold tight the people saying he was only a singer and didn't deserve all this adulation. So was Elvis. Well he was just a drug addicted, fat bastard who was a bum struggling for fame in Vegas at time of death and initially dated Priscilla Pressley when she was a teenager, but people don't share that side. He died on a flippin toilet seat remember. Hopefully the same will happen with MJ in a couple generations time. If you don't like him or his music fine but surely you must understand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier