Skip to main content

That's why they call me a Baaaaad Boyyyy



OUT NOW. iTunes that! I'm saying this will reach top 20, which for an indie release will be an outstanding achievement (remember them ones from school reports?)

I couldn't take this song seriously once upon a time; Skepta confused me. In the interview I did with him back in November in the lead up to the release of Boy Better Know's BANGURGH 'Goin In', he said:

On making commercial music Skepta said: If you just keep it real to yourself and keep it credible then the tune is gonna be an anthem for time. People don’t like commercial shit - I’ve noticed that. No matter how much people like to see success, once a song goes commercial or videos commercial people just go off it, because people that don’t really know about it start liking it. When you’re walking down the road and some guy in skinny jeans is tryna say “You don’t know about Boy Better Know” then people get mad and say “Boy Better Know are shit!”

Then on his previous attempts (FAILS!) at going commersh Marvin Sparks: All that stuff you are saying about going commercial and wanting to stay credible, is that something you learnt from your own experience of attempting to crossover commercially with Rolex Sweep and Sunglasses at Night?

Skepta: Yeah man. Everything I do throughout my career I think; if I die tomorrow, God forbid, I’d like to be remembered by my last video. The only thing that I was upset about with Rolex Sweep is I didn’t spit a lot of lyrics. I reckon I could have spat a lot more lyrics in the gaps. Somebody who listens to that tune may think “I don’t like that Skepta guy, he can’t spit. Why did he leave so many gaps?” When I did Sunglasses At Night, I spat a proper lyric that I can go to the most ghetto or grimey rave and say it. Obviously after that I done Too Many Man so yeah, it’s nice to be in a place where I wanna be. I’m just learning everyday.

Click here for full interview


So for me to then hear Bad Boy, I was fully confused. This isn't much different to Sunglasses At Night in target audience alie? Maybe he was speaking solely on BBK projects. I honestly took it wrongly, or so it seems, to mean he wasn't on that vibe anymore. I'm guessing he's happy with this song and that's the bottom line... *shrugs* That was my reason for being confused anyway

Whatever the story, it has grown on me. Proper fun, Kiss 100 listening, Liquid/Tiger Tiger/Oceana raving (or WKD/Smirnoff Ice drinking in park cotching), McKenzie trainer, belt-around-you-neck (ok maybe that's just Skepta) wearing thugs dem music. You can picture the scene can't you? Gun fingers aloft, off-beat vybzin, proper givin it one! It's a lot! This tune brings a smile to my face #SummerTune #RoofDownStringVestPlaylist - I haven't really got a convertible, but I will get a string vest :oD

Hol' tight the delightful Donatella sporting the swept back fringe look (no Gok Wan) @ 2.10, potent Pia (remedy for an impotent man... politest way obviously!) wearing the peachy dress @ 0.40 seconds, and the lead girl does a lot.

Shouts to Staple 'owwwww (House) on the video. Doin a lot right now! If anyone connected to the making of this video can explain to me the significance of the big, dutty, household candle on the birthday cake is, I'll be a happy man. Jammer blew out a candle on the same cake in the Goin In vid. Product placement for a cake isn't that useful, in my humble opinion anyway.
Does this tune not remind anybody else of Underworld 'Born Slippy'



Ultimate pub tune! "Shoutin lager, lager, lager" I think that's what he says. I remember some boys told me he says "Shoutin n**ger... black man ni**er, ni**er", so I forced myself to hate the tune

His appearance on Big Bro's Big Mouth kills me. Shouts to @XianLoves (www.twitter.com/XianLoves follow her, she's hilarious!) for this one. She musta tweeted something like "You know when black people overly dance to something because there's black people performing". I started bussin up when I saw the vid! Check the big bloke trying to get in on the action, poor ting, he musta told his mum he was going to evening service alie? What will his pastor say when he sees him skankin x bussin gunfinger? Extra tithes that month

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier