Skip to main content

Marvin Sparks: Thoughts of the Day

This is gonna be a new thing I experiment with. Highlights of the at times random thoughts that cross my mind throughout the day. Little thoughts that I don't feel like dedicating a whole post to (or may in the future). I will change the title when I think of a better one. It's a bit crap to be honest. I blogged that I want to cut back on my tweeting and improve on my blogging recently. Tweets are for the moment, blog posts are forever :) There are a lot of things I don't blog because they're too small and stuff I don't tweet because I don't want to clutter, so here is the space. Genius!

So in line with that, here are my thoughts of the today


1st thought inspired by Pinboard Blog


Marsha Ambrosia (that is rice pudding/custard company, not actually her last name) has lost weight. When you see the video, you'll see that she's wearing some mini shorts (showing off some nice legs, but that isn't why we are gathered her). Last fat... sorry slightly overweight according to the fat meter BMI (have to be politically correct) female I remember losing weight was Missy Elliott, and she used it as an excuse to forget actually writing good songs with innuendos in favour of blatant oral sex references. Please Marsha, don't let your songwriting decline for puddy/kitty cat nonsense

This song is an example of good writing. "Hope She Cheats On You (With A BacketBall Player)". Oh and she has one of the best voices in music.



Click here for the studio version

2nd thought inspired by Soul Culture

The remix of Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair' features Nicki Minaj. I think I've reached the point where I'm underwhelmed when there isn't a little twang of Patois or at least a Jamaican reference (as heard on Monster with Rick Ross, Kanye and Jay-Z). I can't embed the song so click the Soul Culture above to hear it.

3rd thought inspired by DJ Semtex blog

Related to Nicki Minaj again! Besides her curvaceous back off (check the swing at 1:32), Will.I.Am's ridiculous hairstyle, clothes and, well, him innit, this song has to be a joke. Ironically, she twangs in this song. Is she the female Drake with the singing and rapping then yeah?


2115331
Uploaded by yardie4lifever2. - Explore international webcam videos.

4th thought inspired by SB.TV


This tune knocks! Good to hear Giggs back on something I'm feeling. But that isn't why this is here. Who'd have thought in 2008 when Talking Da Hardest and Ard Body mixtape had the streets gassed that he'd be performing at festivals with people singing along and have sexy white chicks bang on him (you thought it too, don't lie)? He couldn't even perform at Lil Wayne's show. Probably for the best really. What a night lol. Yes, I was there. People (not me) wrote him off as a one-hit wonder. For the record Walk In The Park > Lem 'Em 'Ave It. This sounds Walk In The Park-esque



5th thought was a random one


Tinie Tempah's album was released on Sunday/Monday and moved 30k copies by the end of the fist day! I forgot to purchase yesterday but I will buy it. (If my memory serves me correctly) He's sure to be the first MC to sit at the top of the album charts EVER! Well I know Tinchy, Dizzee and Chipmunk all missed out. I'm not sure if So Solid or Oxide & Neutrino made it to #1 BUT they aren't solo artists so that may be the loophole.

Which then lead me on to Tinchy Stryder



I watched that yesterday, remembered he released a song called Second Chance with Taio Cruz



Not sure if the Karaoke style video helps to be honest. Lyrics read quite basic, but hey, it's pop music. Anyway, this is the same Tinchy style from before. Chipmunk isn't releasing anything until November, Tinie Tempah has proved credible music works, I wonder, has the game moved on from this...

6th thought

In my head right now?



Still haven't heard the original, and to be honest, I'm not actually that interested. May check it out in a sec. Out on iTunes now

Final thought

This video



Is better than the official video (can't embed) even though the official is more artsy and is a better video in terms of creativity and direction... if you get me. The unofficial one fits the cause in my opinion. Either way, the song knocks hard


Final thought inspired by my iPod selection last night, plus thoughts on the decline of hip hop

To think Prodigy from Mobb Deep was only 19 back then. To think Havoc didn't even like the beat that much. One of my all-time favourite hip hop songs ever, and I wasn't even a fan of hip hop then (too young). The Infamous is a classic. It's funny that most of my fave hip hop albums were before my time.

Only a badman/ooman or deaf man/ooman can resist wheeling when the piano sample drops



A lyric on the album that jumped out to me was "It's not about where you're at it's about where you're from". I don't think that saying has a place in hip hop anymore. Everyone's too busy bawlin' with their bawse lifestyles

Then I read an interview with Talib Kweli (really good interview over at MTV Wrap Up):
.
TWU: How has the New York hip-hop scene changed since you’ve been in it?

Talib Kweli: Even your battle MCs on the street are trying to make club records. When I first started out you would battle anyone in the park, on the train, but now people are more interested in getting their records placed on radio. An up-and-coming rapper these days will have a club record on the radio before they’ve established their name on the street.


That's real talk. Also shout out to NeYo too spitting that real talk, even though he's a moist r&b singer



I think I'm going to copy and paste that last thought to make a FlashBack Friday one day. Don't be surprised when you see it again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier