Skip to main content

Mind on my blog and my blog...

Different title, same sh*t. Thoughts of the day:

1st thought

Once upon a time, I said you shouldn't compare Drake and J. Cole because they are different rappers. However, I changed my stance today. FAO Anyone that thinks Drake is a better rapper than J. Cole should focus on pop. If you feel Drake's better, you are a product of the mixtape, lazy punchline era of hip hop. 50 Cent and Dipset is probably your starting point. I'm a fan, but Fif got cussed for his skills back in the day, and that 50 Cent plops on most rappers nowadays. Straight generalisation and I don't care. I'm right. Disagree? You're wrong. It's quite simple.

One quote to dead Drake:

"I left the city for a minute but it's still on my back
Told my n**gas, “Ay Im finna’ put the Ville on the map" - I'll be back
And I'm coming with a deal and a plaque
Cuz I'm ill bitch, they couldn’t make a pill for the rap
Pouring liquor for my n**gas that was killed, send em back
Came home shit is real n**gas still in the trap
Hold up now don’t get it twisted if you slang do your thang
Me I'm like a young Simba couldn't wait to be the king
Witness the dream"

Bold = multisyllabic rhymes (known in rap circles as multi's)
Italic = an extra rhyming word (don't know the technical term for that. May still come under multi's but its italic to point out that it's an extra rhyming word)

Not only is the flow crazy, the lyrical content is on fire, self-expression without out corny punchlines. If anyone, I repeat ANYONE can quote that many lines from a Drake bar "Without a stupid #DrakeBar... tender" (bartender and tender as in money spent at the bar - double entendre! Add in the fact it's a subliminal. Lyrical dan), I'll stand corrected. Not really, I'll throw another J. Cole quotable at you 'cos it's that easy. UK grime MC Scorcher tweeted J. Cole is a little bit of Drake. Chatting SH*T blaaad! J. Cole is a rapper's rapper, Drake's a singer masquerading as a rapper. Makes very good songs, good sing along raps but he isn't a great rapper. Swear every feature burnt him on his album?



Then tell me can Drake make a powerful song like this:



2nd thought Album of the day:

Skinnyman 'Council Estate of Mind'. One of the single most greatest (does that make sense? You know what I mean) bodies of work I have ever heard, especially from the UK. Gritty street tales, accurate observations, engaging stories, well picked beats and cohesive.



3rd thought If I were a little youngster, I'd reach this to fly down on beanies



4th thought inspired by Wiley's twitter

"woolf and the producers were catting tinie tempah i cant have that change it immediately woolf i am not a copycat"

I don't even understand that. The Drum and Bass bit was good but it wasn't the selling point of the tune. I know Bashy did it too on Fantasy. I'm not a fan of bandwagon hopping myself. Good on ya Wiley

5th thought inspired by This Is Max

The gorgeous Max interviewed the wifey Rihanna the other day. Let's take a moment to appreciate beauty












Hold on, scroll back up, that wasn't long enough (forget what Rihanna is wearing).

They talk about a lot of interesting stuff, including Rihanna's new man, Drake, dancehall queen influence and other stuff. Someone tell me why the editor faded out Rihanna saying reggae/dancehall is her favourite music. Conspiracy

RIHANNA TALKS TO THISISMAX.NET ABOUT DRAKE, BEYONCE, BOY-FRIEND AND NEW ALBUM LOUD! from THISISMAX on Vimeo.



6th thought inspired by This Is Max again

If anyone reading knows Nicki Minaj, ask her to marry me please?



7th thought


I watched this (in particular the bit about P Money) and thought "I wonder what Ghetts thinks of P-Money's current success"



Which reminded me, I listened to Katy B and thought "I wonder what Ny thinks of Katy B's success"... This time last year they both performed at UK Funky Live in Wembley Arena, both blessed vocally, one has a top 5, going on tour and going down a treat in the dubstep scene. The other removed from Ironik's new single in favour of an actress, makes YouTube videos, sings on ustream, and well... she still looks good I guess. Ny baby, you'll get there. If ever you want consulting, holla at me baby. We can go for some Nando's. I haven't got a black card, but I have a bank card :)

8th thought: Random tune in my head



Check out a FlashBack Friday celebrating Saturday night TV here. Awoooooooga

Oh and one last thing spotted over at Mad News

XFactor contestant Gamu faces deportation from the UK. Continue reading

FREE MA DARG GAMU!!! Not sure that's the appropriate way of requesting someone gets her stay in the UK but once again you know what I mean

Her controversial autotuned up performance



Judges house which saw her lose out to 2 singers that didn't even finish singing the song.



First Cheryl punched my girl and still managed to turn into a superstar (with the assistance of association with Vicky Beckham, being cheated on by footballer Ashley Cole)



Now this? My gosh, this woman wields some power. Look at them adorable dimples.



p.s. I tweeted: "Wouldnt it be funny if Gamu turned to Cheryl and shouted "this is for Sophie Amogbokpa" *paxxxx* (I dont condone violence)" I chuckled at the time. The BBM broadcast message I received that night wasn't clever but it was funny. However, it has made The Sun newspaper. Death threats aren't funny, the fact he spelt Gamu's name "GamBu" when 'B' isn't immediately next to M, spacebar wasn't required, and this was on BlackBerry not touch screen iPhone, he clearly didn't care about her name that much. But hey, Mr Capone (or can I call you Supe's? Supa?), I feel where the anger came from my brodda. Don't come fo' me eh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier