Skip to main content

Saturday, Saturday, Saa-tur-day

But I'm still blogging.

1. I-Octane 'Bloodshed' inspired by yesterday's daily bread post Maikal X 'Bear With Me'

I-Octane's delivered a strong cut on Don Corleon's Changes riddim. I feel the riddim is underrated. A lot of big tunes on that. Bloodshed contains some powerful lyrics in regards to murder and garrison living: sets the mood of the tune with "Battlefields and borderlines let me lose 5 friends. But I ah gwaan like a reverend, I nah lose I meds" (translates as gang warfare has killed friends but I will stay against that and hold the faith); potent first line: "I see friends ah kill friends, weh share outta one plate and chat through zinc fence" (pretty self-explanatory); borrows from Jah Vinci, "Watch your friends weh you smoke with... them same ones will take you weh. Them claim say them with you, they're not with you they will make you dead. So be careful how you spread your bed." Now do you understand why I listen to reggae? Real emotive music. Poverty driven music > plastic ballers



2. Eye candy of the day (coughMonthcough) = Pia Brown inspired by her Facebook page

This Dele youth stole my idea. I told Pia couple years ago I'm gonna make an r&b tune to have her star as the main lady. She looks like a convincing actress too, and my gawd does she look great! Good video overall, but Pia *salutes*



3. Jungle > D&B inspired by song on 1Xtra

I don't listen to it enough for me to give the greatest opinion HOWEVER from what I do know, Jungle is better than (one bagga) Drums & (not that much) Bass. I like both songs I've posted so you can't accuse me of bias.

Listen to this:



Now compare that with this:



You hear the bass in that, innit? That's me keeping it vocal as well. I didn't even draw for a tune with a bassline sampled fromm reggae. If there is stuff similiar to Sweet Love, holla at me.

4. HGM grime remix and still get pushed back random thought inspired by MTV Diddy x Skepta MTV performance

To think Skepta's about to embark on a nationwide tour with MOBO awards, been on tour with Chipmunk, featured on NDubz single, remix with Diddy courtesy of public demand on Twitter yet his album has been pushed back from its October 24th release date. Music industry is crazy. He would have put up some strong numbers. Hope he manages to maintain until the new date next year. p.s. Chipmunk is a smart dude



5. Welcome to black history month inspired by WoldStar

Well, I don't think it is over there. 90 year-old American wants to ask a question to "colored" people. Classic.



Also, WorldStar? Whu's it called World Star when it's mainly US content? I'm sure Yanks account for majority of its views. That's a bit like World Series in Baseball when no one else plays it, innit?

Anyway, that's all folks. Short and sweet cos I have a life to live on a Saturday. Looking forward to XFactor tonight. Hopefully they'll provide me with some material for tomorrow

Comments

  1. aww marv ive just seen your post on me :). I'm flatterd, thankyou. I like the rest of your blog too.
    Pia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier