Skip to main content

That Friday Feelin

Well it's Friday and I'm going to attempt at doing a thoughts of the day plus a FlashBack Friday. If I'm honest, thoughts of the day can suffer today because it's an everyday thing and I LOVE doing FlashBack Friday's!

Pound Sterling the Hussalla kicks nahlijjj

This man has his name stamped as a Channel U star. Remember his first video? Anyway, I think I've just changed my mind on the subject to post for FlashBack Friday. See, just like that I get inspiration.

Back on track, interviews alright still but he drops a gem when talking about fake rappers spending too much time talking to cameras on Grime Daily (whilst on Grime Daily) instead of "doing this thing". Quote of the Day: "When I was really, really doin' dis ting I didn't see Match of the Day for 7 years! And then I clocked, 'Rah, it's been 7 years I aint seen Match of the Day'."



RockCorps give a little love

Saw this on Mad News a while back but forgot to post it. Davinche produced single for charity Orange RockCorps featuring Bashy, Wretch 3-2 (NOT thirty-two), Cleo Sol, Bluey Robinson, Aggro, (a Scratchy less) Roll Deep and Davinche himself spitting bars.



One mans treasure is another mans...

Reason to comment. First off thanks to everyone that has given positive comments on this spot since its existence. Just thought I'd blog this one cos I think it's funny. Yesterday I saw a new comment on my blog post for A-List 'Midnight Lover' where I selected 6 females I'd recreate the video with. With me playing the male lead in all of them... obviously.

"Anonymous said...
with the exception of fake knockers and Jamelia you are just another sold out N..Fool with no eye for beauty unless its mixed with white- get a job and get a life"

Based on the post can't say I disagree with him/her to be honest lol (I'm not laughing out loud though). It probably does look that way, most are of similar caste. For the record those women I posted frequented Twitter a lot back then so were in the conscious mind. Anyway anyone who follows me on Twitter would have seen my appeal to become the male Kat Stacks I requested Keisha Buchanan, ex-Sugababes holla at me. And to top it off, based on that he/she/shim told me to get a job and life? You gathered I'm unemployed from posting a few images of women I find attractive?

In my head I thought maybe I should have played equal opportunities employer (shouts to Mad News) a bit better, then I realised it's just a post by some any guy (that'd be me/I an' I) who has little authourity on how many dark-skinned girls get casted in videos and fashion. Why didn't you ask me to put fat people in too? Or is fat rude too? I know I have no preference of caste. So for that very reason, *let's join hands and say this in The Rock voice* "IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!"

Oh you didn't hear me? I said



Now let's dance! Wyclef featuring The Rock 'It Doesn't Matter'



Only messin' with you. Yes, the above comments did enter my head when I read your comment but I appreciate you taking the time out to comment and I don't actually mind. I don't think he or she is a regular reader to find a post that old must be a Google jobby. Ladies, I love you all. Dark-skinned ladies (without mix of white) send me some pics. If you're banging I'll post it up in a future post. Come on, it worked for 50 Cent on twitter and called them hoe's! Would it help if I call you "empress", empress?

Tune of the Day: I-Octane 'Stab Vampire'

Some real rebellious roots and cultcha fi di yoot's uzeet?! First tune I ever heard from I-Octane. One of my favourite artists in music. Reggae is never dead you mad? We just have lame DJ's

"Sell out the ghetto youths to dead
So weh mi do, stab vampire with a peg!"

"Give the youths them coke to snort and gun to walk with
Then they talk 'bout the youths them [are] haunted.
But how [are] the youths [to] strive when a guns them start with
Them no care [about] the youth's ah rahtid [at all]"



And cos' I'm a badman, I can go from spiritual and fight the power (or babylon) tunes to glamourising the other side of life on...

Finally, Throwback tune of the Day: So Solid - Ride Wid Us

I revisited the classic So Solid 'They Don't Know' album sparked by a conversation I had the day before.

So Solid Crew are the kings of this thing and this video did a lot for me. Same as all of their videos to tell the truth. I was a fully fledge So Solid fan. I feel sorry for those who aren't it's that real. Missed out.

Megaman's swag was elsewhere in this video, flow is crazy, beats a monster... Megaman had swagger when we didn't know what swagger was. Only other black artist in UK that could talk to him is Mark Morrisson. In fact, if they formed a three-the-hard-way with Liam Gallagher it would have been lights out!

The intro speech by Mega "TALKING 'BOUT YOU WANNA BLAZE ME! I am preepaared for you..."

The first bars! The beanies (girls) are tick! The DEEP ROLLER REMIX IS RIDICULOUS! Mate this is emotional


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier