Skip to main content

Why is it Wednesday

Wednesday is a crap way to spell Wensday innit? My first school teacher pronounced it "Ved-nez-deh". She's from Asian background (India, Pakistan or Bangladesh), but I think she was on to something with that pronunciation.

RIP John Lennon

John Lennon died 30 years ago today

'Imagine' - still relevant today



And this tune is a banger! 'Working Class Hero;



There will be another tribute tomorrow. 16 years. Reach back tomorrow to find out who.

Artful Dodger featuring Ed Sheeran 'Could Just Be The Bassline'

Ed Sheeran on a 2step vintage sounding Artful Dodger beat. Match made in heaven. Catchy song, nice vibe, and any excuse to hear Ed Sheeran is a plus no? Artful Dodger (Mark Hill) is an absolute legend yeah. He follows me on Twitter and recommended me for Follow Friday. Me you know. That gassed me

Anyway, enough about me, press play and hold a groovy

Could Just Be The Bassline by artfulmark

Check out more of his new stuff here

Sorry I feel obliged to pay tribute. I'm always sharing my musical mood. This has put me in the mood.

Let's play some bangers from yesteryear

If this doesn't remind you of MTV Base you are either one of my many worldwide visitors (hola and bonjour are about as far as I go I'm afraid. Hello in 3 language qualifies as Tri-lingual, no? No? Oh...). Hold tight the Danish people too. 3rd highest visitors outside of UK and US. I was surprised too. But big you up!

Kinda got lost there. Back to the point

If this tune doesn't remind you of MTV Base and you're from the UK, you haven't lived:

Think About Me featuring Michelle Escoffery (Can't find the official video)



Regular on Heart FM (or is it Smooth? One of the two) regular tune, Moving Too Fast featuring Romina Johnson



Who can possibly forget Craig David's 7 Days? ('Ol tight Kylie Minogue "Garaagje" and the youthful looking Ant and Dec)



Ahhh good times.

Moving on,

Plan B 'Love Goes Down' = a Will Young song no?

This may be something UK'ers will more notice than my other readers because I can't find a direct example but this song by Plan B



sounds like something the first Pop Idol winner Will Young would have sung when he was relevant.



ThatGrapeJuice @ Jingle Bell Ball

Regular visitors will know this is one of my favourite sites to check. I'm not even interested in r&b that much but Sam and Trent's commentary and knowledge are second to none. Real enthusiasm about music, accurate info but on top of that they do some of the best interviews. Sam is what we'd say back in the day "Raggo". Asks any and everything.

Here's the brief intro:

* Alexandra Burke - who spoke to us about her plans for the US in 2011 and more.

* Jason Derulo – who appeared somewhat defensive about album sales.

* Nicole Scherzinger – who shared details about her forthcoming solo album.

* JLS – who, also, spoke on their American invasion.

* Jay Sean – who responded to critique that he had abandoned his Asian roots musically.

* Akon – who spoke about the controversy surrounding the new Michael Jackson album, whether there is more material to come from his sessions with the King of Pop, and which Destiny’s Child diva he is set to collaborate with.

I haven't watched yet, but I'm damn sure about to. Look at the bold, I'm dying with laughter. Also, shout out to Sam on the panel of BBC Sound of 2011.

New tiing: Beat This

Don't Watch That TV aka photographers (and probably some other stuff) Tim & Barry, presented by my boy Motive (sick DJ) bring a show where a top producer has to make a beat in 10 minutes. Haven't watched this in its entirety but I will do.



Keri Hilson loses a fan

Doubt she's gonna be bothered by one fan. Problem is, many others may agree with what this one is saying. In response to her latest antics (that slack video about pu**y bringing men back or something and the infamous "I'm a freak... sometimes I just want to be fu**ed" comment on the interview with Perez Hilton). Find out what the blogger said here

I've heard In a Perfect World. Was it that good? Reaallly...? Quote everyday? Really?

Chipmunk interview on Soul Culture

This is an interesting interview. Chipmunk is asked whether he's proud of his first album, how he linked up with Chris Brown (yeah the Chris Brown from America), and benefits of a label



Put that interview together with SBTV's



and you'll know that he is "probably" (that's my disclaimer) talking about Kano and Sway in the first interview when talking about those bitter rappers that tried to crossover. Both really good interviews.

Not even self-plugging, I interviewed him last year just as he got signed, he was a cool guy. He comes across as a cool guy in the interviews there too. Has a lot of confidence and self-belief but when you check how people used to cuss him all the time about talking in first person, how big his head is, yet he has made something of himself I can't knock him. If you wanna see my interview it's here, but that wasn't (totally) the point

Speaking of self-praise, shameless plugging and Chipmunk, on Saturday I tweeted "Don't... actually you can quote me if you want but I'm 94% sure Chipmunk has worked with a big dancehall artist" Won't tell you how or why I know. 'Member mi tell unnoo.

More than enough material today. Flippin 'ell, I love this blogging sthi. So therapeutic. Oh and the next interview I post is an absolute madness! Exclusive doesn't even sum up what this is. Trust me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier