Skip to main content

FlashBack Friday: TV TeenHood Crushes

Welcome to FlashBack Friday. A time where we reminisce on good times had in previous years.

This one is not only for the mandem, cos I know females judge females too. So I could have written adolescent, but teenhood sounds much better, no? Today I'm focusing on teen TV programs I used to watch in my teens. I'll appreciate presenters, singers, models etc. in due course.

Females from pre-teens will not be included here, so none of that "What about [insert females name]. I'm not even sure if I can remember enough to make a post to be honest. Maybe one day.

Well, you may remember in the last episode of FlashBack Friday's about Movie OST's I promised to do a post on crushes from back in the day. In said post I wrote "Also had one of my teenhood (I think I made that up. Sounds cool to me) crush's Raven-Symone ("damn, homegirl. High school you was the girl..."). In fact one that became another teenhood crush, Kyla Pratt played Raven's sister. Little did (or does) she know she would overtake her and stay until this very day, but that's another FlashBack Friday".

Anyone that watched That's So Raven (terrible show) after being a fan of Raven from Hanging With Mr Cooper and Cosby Show can relate to what I'm on about. You can see the beauty was still in there. The weight gain didn't suit her and she did look (as much as it pains me to say) quite evil:



I'm glad I held back on doing this post, because I have been made to eat my words... and my gawd do they taste good. Look at Raven-Symoné now?


I used to tell one of my bredrins when I grow up (turn 21) I'm going to be a celebrity and married to Raven-Symoné. Neither has happened. In fact, I used Raven-Symoné blowing up as my excuse as to why it hadn't happened. Now my quest can begin again.

The other person mentioned above, Kyla Pratt. She was way too young for me in Dr Doolittle, but One-on-One? Mmmm my (obviously back then. It's kinda paedo to think that of her now looking back... if you get what I mean). I know everyone hated that episode where her and Arnaz were about to... yeah you know which episode. And now I remember why I hate Ray J.



And my, my, my has she still got it. Out celebrating her 23rd birthday



Her friend Spirit (Sicily Sewell) used to go hard in the paint too. Underrated.



Now married to drummer Christopher Johnson (I don't know who he is either), and a baby girl, Madison





Disney Channel also showed Smart Guy



The sister Yvette. Watched her on Trouble in Half and Half too. And woi, she's still doing this thing.



Before Trouble it was all about *holds out mic*... Yes, that is correct, Nickelodeon. Channel 23 on cable.

Now the next one-and-one (or two), I can't remember who I preferred. I think it alternated depending on the episode. You already know what program I'm on about. The Think it may have more been Tia cos Tamera's 360 spin dance annoyed me. She had the swag though, and the mole.



Still got it as well



Wasn't really attracted to Alex Mack, but Melissa Joan Hart? Yesh pliz. Not the Clarissa Explains It All one as much as Sabrina The Teenage Witch. Hated on Harvey.



Erm, she's ok now. Nowt spesh



Jennifer Freeman aka Claire mach II in My Wife and Kids. I know every man can relate



So yeah, that's all for now folks.

Actually, I think I'll give a taster of the next one

Recognise this face? I had a crush on her too. Been on the MILF ting from day. Not sure about her now though



For previous episodes click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier